Wednesday 2 November 2011

Failing SG31V2 Shuttle

After about three years of use the Shuttle I use at work was starting to fail. First I noticed that the Audio would become scratchy, clicky and noisy then the machine would freeze or reboot.
I found 3 swollen 1800uF 6.3V electrolytic capacitors on the Motherboard.

These I replaced with 1800uF 10V capacitors from Farnell or CPC (same company) and this seemed to fix some of the problems. I encountered reboot problems etc and loaded the Xsensors program and this showed the 5V supply was varying wildly. I replaced the PSU and this fixed all the problems yeehaa.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Defender 300tdi Lucas 10AS Alarm Immobiliser (Spider) Problems

We have a 1997 Landrover Defender 300tdi that has given immobiliser problems intermittently. I had initially fixed the fuel solenoid as we w...