I'm a leader not a follower!

I'm a leader not a follower!
Two Toads I rescued from the road!

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Pentalobe Screwdriver Size Modification for the Macbook Air

 Remember that using tools can be hazardous so wear eye protection and proceed with caution , if in doubt don't do it.

I had the annoying problem in that the Pentalobe screws for the Macbook Air I was repairing were too big for the Pentalobe screwdriver I had lying around , it was one supplied in a kit for replacing the LCD on an iPhone. I then realised that the head on this screwdriver has a stretched sort of taper so I basically ground the end of it with a grindstone fitted to my Dremel tool until it fitted the screw-head , testing the fit as I went. Job done , although the modified tool will now no longer fit the iPhone , that's not too much of a problem because iPhone replacement LCD's usually come with the tools required to do the job.

Ground Down Pentalobe

No comments:

Post a Comment